Opportunity follows struggle. It follows effort. It follows hard work. It doesn’t come before.
1. Let go of anger. When we erupt in anger we often feel much worse. Hence, it’s better to cool off and to work on staying calm.
2. When people treat you badly it’s rarely “about you”. More often it tells you how that person is feeling, or some other issue that is bothering them.
No-one can be everything you want them to be.
Anxiety is a normal reaction that many people experience. An anxiety disorder, however, is diagnosed when various symptoms of anxiety create significant distress and some degree of functional impairment in daily living. A person with an anxiety disorder may find it difficult to function in areas…
Have only one rule: Be your wild, courageous, brilliant self every single day. No matter what!
Never chase anyone. A person who appreciates you will walk with you.
1. Identify your self-talk. Write down all the negative things you say about yourself.
2. Counteract these statements, one by one, by saying something that is positive instead. Wherever possible, base these alternative statements on evidence (things that you can see or that others have said…
1. Remember, feelings of panic are just exaggerations of normal bodily stress reactions.
2. Sensations are neither harmful nor dangerous - just unpleasant. Nothing worse will happen.
3. Stop adding to the panic with frightening thoughts of where panic will lead.
4. Stay in the present. Be aware…
I was with you for so long that I forgot how to be happy and alone.
I had to deal with a breakup today at camp. It was between two 9 year olds. I saw the little girl sitting under a tree crying, so I went over to see what was the matter. She explains the whole story of how her bf broke up with her that morning during gym games. I tell her the whole “you’ll be…
Holy shit. This 9 year old is fucking boss.
You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.